Alta Home Care is now contracted through a California government agency to provide respite care for children with developmental disabilities.
Respite care allows loved ones to remain in their home, and is an excellent way to prevent or delay expensive and stressful relocation to a care facility.
Providing respite care makes sense because it:
• Reduces family stress
• Reduces the risk of abuse and neglect
• Enhances family coping abilities
• Increases feelings of well-being
• Allows families to stay involved in their communities, helping them identify and establish additional support systems
• Increases opportunities for social activities and family interactions
• Improves attitudes toward the individual with the special need or circumstance
• Strengthens the family’s ability to care for their loved one at home
• Saves public funds by reducing residential, hospital and other costly out-of-home placements
Call us today to find out more about Respite Services for your family.