Ok, it’s true. There are lots of caregivers out there who have experience in elder care. You can find a caregiver through online job boards like Craigslist, place an advertisement in your local newspaper, or you can simply ask friends or your community for referrals. Sounds so easy, right?
So, you can either find a private caregiver on your own and add stress to your life, OR you can go through an in home care agency and let them do all the work. How exactly can an agency help? I can’t speak for all agencies, but I can for Alta Home Care. Take a look at the advantages of working with us.
- Our caregivers go through a detailed hiring process. We require a minimum of 2 years experience in the field
- They are all carefully interviewed and screened through criminal background checks, DMV checks, and reference checks.
- They then go through orientation and training. The training is taught by a nurse and is hands on as well as a refresher course with topics including Dementia/Alzheimer’s, Diabetes care, Etiquette, Cooking, etc
- All of our caregivers are employed by Alta. This means they are insured and bonded. They are all covered by worker’s compensation insurance, liability insurance and an insurance bond.
- Our office hours are 24/7, we can always be reached.
- We handle all schedule changes. If your parents caregiver is sick, we will send a quality back up after communicating with the family.
- Your loved one will have a personal care manager from day one. The manager will stay in constant contact with the family to make sure the appropriate care is being provided.
- Alta uses a telephonic tracking system to ensure accurate billing.
To sum up it up, you are taking less risk when hiring a caregiver through an in home care agency versus hiring a private caregiver. You can trust that this new person in the home has been interviewed, has been screened, and has been background checked by the agency. AND let’s not forget, they have experience!
If you want peace of mind when hiring your loved ones caregiver, contact Alta Home Care.